LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The day after surgery

When I arrived at the hospital this morning Eddie wasn't in his room. You never want to visit someone in the hospital and find the room empty. In the movies that means bad news. But thankfully, Eddie was just down in radiology having an upper GI series done so they could see if his new banana shaped stomach is leaking. If it isnt , he will get to start drinking small (2 oz at a time) amounts of clear liquids.  I hear this is when the vomiting will start. Oh joy!!

He is moving around a lot better today but still in a great amount of pain. He says everyone online lied about the pain. Props to Jeff and Gloria for telling him it would hurt like hell (they have both had portions of their bowels removed due to Crohn's disease). 

Eddie just wants to get some good sleep but these darned attentive nurses keep waking him to check his vitals. How dare they!  Once he gets home and the kids are are in bed, he can get some sleep.

I think I have lost some weight already. I have been trying to be supportive and not eat in front of Eddie. When he was on his pre-op liquid diet, I did the same. When I do eat I am trying to eat healthier. Our whole family needs to kick the fast food habit and start eating better and our kids aren't going to do it unless we do it. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment