LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In the beginning....

I love my husband dearly and I think he is perfect in every way!! He has been talking about doing something about his weight for as long as we have been together. The first time I heard him mention doing anything was when we were first dating back in 2004, but he didn't start doing anything at the time. He had actually mentioned at the time getting LIPOSUCTION. I was scared he was serious and would start researching it. I have learned that once he starts researching something he wants, it is only a matter of time before he gets it.

Eddie has decided to get surgery to lose weight. I want to document our journey with this blog and get some pictures of his progress so he can look back and see how far he has come. (With Eddie's approval, of course. I better go ask him if I can do this...)

It's no secret that Eddie and I have horrible eating habits. If you know me then you know about my "-itos diet"' Doritos, Fritos, Burritos, Taquitos, Cheetos. Tonight I actually contemplated having squirt cheese and crackrs for dinner.




I know I am an enabler in Eddies eating habits. I started cooking more meals when the kids came along. I challenged us both to go a whole week with out any fast food AND with out any Coke. WE DID IT!! After that he switched to drinking Diet Coke and hasn't had regular Coke for a year and half. We did go back to fast food, but I try to cook most of our meals.

I have weight to lose as well. I just don't have the drive to do anything, yet. I did buy a treadmill though. ;-)

A few years ago I made Eddie get a physical. He was told that he needed to lose weight. It wasn't a matter of IF he might get diabetes, but WHEN he will get it. He has had high cholesterol for quite a while. He has had some blood pressure problems lately too.

He loves his children and wants to lose the weight to be around for them for MANY MANY years to come. So....

He has decided to have surgery to lose the weight.

The search for which type of surgery is best was about to start. When my husband researches something, he goes all out. He reads every online post he can find. He researches the locations, the doctors, the procedures, the past patients, everything he can get his eyes on. This would mean several hours every night on the computer for him and hours of me having power over the remote control. Gossip Girl, here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment