LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Friday update - week 3

I know, it's not Friday anymore, but I had a tooth pulled and was on some pain killers and couldn't write on Friday. 

Eddie didn't lose any weight over the past week.  Well, he went down to 224.  ONE POUND.  It isn't because he is eating more food.  It isn't because he is eating bad food.  I think it is a stall because he isn't eating. His body has gone on the defensive and is holding on to everything it has because he wasn't eating for the week. 

He had a lot of set backs this week.  He threw-up a lot of the food he did try to eat.  He was very tired and just had no energy at all.  It was a rough week.  I was scared a lot of the time.  One day he could eat peanut butter, the next day he threw it up.  One day he could eat tuna, the next day it sat in his stomach like a rock and made him double over in pain.  It is very hit or miss when it comes to eating anything.  I keep trying to remind him to eat very slowly and chew chew chew his food. 

He got down 2 mini raviolis the other night and they sat pretty well.  Eddie is nauseous most of the time.  At least to me it seems like most of the time.  He said that if it weren't for the nausea, he would feel rather normal.  I hope this goes away sometime.  He told me that he found people online who had nausea for a year.  Well, that will sure make a person lose weight. 

Someone asked Eddie if he was glad he went through with the surgery.  He said he couldn't answer that just yet. I told him I didn't want to ask him that question yet until he felt totally normal again.  I don't think he can honestly answer that question until he feels better.

Hopefully that will be soon.  He has one more week of soft foods and then he can move on to any food, just in small amounts eaten very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment